Saturday, 11th October '03
Happiness Happiness (Happiness Happiness Happiness)
Heh... that above title was meant to sound like a certain Wang Li Hong song (the title of which is presumably "Happiness"). But I also realise that it is more likely than not that no one else has heard the song - except Dage whose CD I ripped it from.
Oddly enough, today was a really good day. Why "oddly"? Because I have vast - and I mean VAST amounts of undone work. And I quite exhuasted by Inter-hall Games (IHG) trials and have committee interviews tomorrow morning. Not exactly the stuff that fantastically happy days are made of.
Yet somehow I have this wonderful, even intoxicating, sense of self-satisfiedness. In fact, I'm sitting in front of the computer smirking away to myself. Something at the back of my little head says I've no right to be this pleased with the way my world is. But *puts on a Lucas voice* HECK ABOUT IT. I'm a lucky person and I'm going to count my blessings.
* I love what I'm doing here in school. It's fantastic to finally have a real-life, vocational goal to work to - becoming a lawyer. Or something like that - never say never, yeah? I understand why Limin's so happy in the Bluemountains. It's the exhilaration of realising that your life is going somewhere at last... when education is no longer undertaken just for the mere sake of education itself
* Library research went well. With a little help from my TG mates, I'm better than I thought I would be.
* I met the Smubs - well, most - again today. The dinner at Babs' place was so good. No other way to describe it. It was good, it felt good. We were almost all together again and could talk and joke and laugh and be merry. We didn't even need the Bailey's to have a good time. We had each other.
And today Limin crashed lectures and Bert, Gnet, Jia and Liang visited my room. It was just magical to have even a small gathering like that again, I've missed the Smubs so much since the end of A-levels. It almost feels like it would be worth it to go through all the A-levels again just to have time to spend with my 21st again. Where is the love, the Black Eyed Peas ask. At that moment I knew there was plenty in my little KR room.
* I had a long over-due talk with Vic. And I haven't had this much enjoyment on an ICQ chat in ages. We swapped stupid stories, thought back on the old sec four days and the never-formed band. And I think something really hit me when we talked about the law exchange programme that I'll almost certainly apply for. She offered her guest room to me if I go to Dalhousie Uni! And all I could think of to say was "WOW". It wasn't just wow because of how much fun that could be. It was wow because of the fact that even though I haven't seen this girl in more than two years, she still feels I'm worthy of being invited to live with her for a year. Incredible. Heh, the whole conversation was just really really refeshing.
* I have a good CD to listen to. It's currently Linkin Park's "Reanimation". Ok, listening to Linkin Park always makes me happy, I don't know why. That's strange En Ying for you.
* Supper today was awesome. Wei Yi and Shuyun honestly pulled out all the stops. Ice cream... cheesecake... chocolate. So much chocolate. Oh, now I know why I'm so happy... chocolate triggers the release of dopamine, right?
* Have actually read some cases on a Friday night. Go me!
*Laugh* Thanks, God, for happiness.
[well, the pictures aren't going to take themselves!]