Sunday, 20th January '08
The Delayed-Reaction 2007 Round-Up
As Qiong complains my blog has become (quote-unquote) LACKING, here is my take on something lifted off her site:
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
A number of things, actually. Here are some notables:
- Got an A+ for an 8-credit law module;
- Graduated law school;
- Went to Italy, oh hell, set foot on European soil;
- Started working for real;
- Took the Bar Exam;
- Hosted a proper big-budget production (secondary school gigs really don't count);
- Helped design a house;
- Yelled at a IDIOT interior designer and told him to stop being a rude dumbass;
- Cooked an entire Christmas feast.
Exciting year, eh? Heh.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Erm, I don't even REMEMBER if I made any. Guess that means there won't be more to come this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Seeing as I don't remember, I guess not.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
People died. I wasn't close, but I was sad.
5. What countries did you visit?
Italy. That's it. But it was a BIG it.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
The ability to fly, lower ERP rates and a dog. Only one of these has a possibility of becoming reality.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The "John Mayer" Launch night with Babs and Drunken G, the night after The Next Wave with all the ridiculously insane dancer boys, hilarious and heart-warming days leading up from post-Christmas to New Year's with all the most important people.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Hurrr. Dean's List maybe? Ok I know that's a bit of a lame biggest achievement. The most "eh, don't shit me lah, Liang Ying" discovery of the year.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Maybe you should ask Kai or Babs or Gnet. I'm sure they have shook their heads and me and wondered why I was so stupid many many times.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yeah, knocked out for 5 days pre-The Next Wave. Was not fun.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I can't decide. If pushed I think it was that Cannavaro football jersey for Babs, cos it meant a lot to me to buy it since I know she's be after one for AGES. It felt good to be the one to find it, even though she never wore it after that. Haha. *HINT*
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Ben's. Haha. With the free-8 days that won Babs some really expensive looking skin-care kit.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Sometimes Dad's, but totally not his fault. ALL THE DESIGNERS' FAULTS.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Food. Or, rather, to the hips.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The house renovations. Only to become severely SEVERELY disappointed.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
My best guess: "Il Giorno Perfetto", by Gianluca Grignani. Or maybe "Destinazione Paradiso" by him OR the Laura Pausini version. This is something only time will tell.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you
(i) happier or sadder?
Vaguely similar, I think. I'm still coming off yesterday's PMS, though, so temporarily, sadder.
(ii) thinner or fatter?
Fatter. With probably contributes to sadder. *insane laughter*
(iii) richer or poorer?
Richer. See, it's true. Money can't buy you happiness.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Blogging, honestly. Dancing. Reading (of non-law materials).
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Party at Sandy's for the Eve's Eve, cooking like a mad person, for Christmas Eve, and just happily chilling with the family on the actual day.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
In like, yeah I think so. In love, maybe. We'll see. And I'm more petrified than anyone of the possible results. Nothing in this way has ever turned out prettily.
22. How many one-night stands?
Pffft. *dismissive wave*
23. What was your favorite TV program?
The Practice. Rediscovered it, and and pleased with how much I understand now.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I have new annoyances, but they don't even begin to border on hate.
25. What was the best book you read?
It seems to be turning out to be "In God We Doubt", by John Humphreys. But I haven't finished it yet, and will tell you when I do.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Many, actually, in particular the following:
- Gianluca Grignani's "Il Giorno Perfetto" album;
- Mark Ronson's two albums, "Here Comes the Fuzz" and "Version";
- Timbaland's "Shock Value";
- Maroon 5's "It Won't Be Soon Before Long";
- Chris Daugtry's "Daughtry" (perhaps a year late, but "Over You" is a killer rock anthem which Speaks to Me *thumps chest*);
27. What did you want and get?
A lot of things. I get what I want.
28. What did you want and not get?
A lot of things, too.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
I don't really think I had one this year. Seemed like a poor year for movies, if you ask me. Maybe I just didn't have time for any of them.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I watched "The Number 23" with Gerri. Yes, it was my 23rd birthday. I then attempted to blog about it in Chinese.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Wouldn't you like to know.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Relaxed, fun and empowering.
33. What kept you sane?
Having the right people around at the right time, having the right music around at the right time, and occasional episodes of Heroes and Grey's Anatomy.
34. Which celebrity do you fancy the most?
This year? Kyle Chandler. *waits for the cacophony of pained groans*. SOME old men stay pretty attractive.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
I'm not usually stirred, so my best guess is the Repeal s. 377A affair.
36. Who did you miss?
Hmm. Too lazy to try and work this one out.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
I don't know about best, but the most memorable persons had to be Ezio and Francesco. These were the two Neopolitans Clar and I met on the train to Rome from Rimini, who unfortunately, destroyed my classical music experience forever by putting a new spin on the words "molto grande". :S
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
That to be indispensible, you have to be different. Off a facebook bumper sticker.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
You know how important an answer like this is to me. I'll get back to you.
[well, the pictures aren't going to take themselves!]